Sunday, December 14, 2014

Eidenross: Gust

"Are you a God!? are we supposed to live beneath you!?
 Kick someone enough and they will NOT GET UP
"
-Human Target Practice(Hail the Sun)

Eidenross Castle
850 A.D.


"All lies and trickery!" High Guard Markus Flynn said. "There is no such thing as magick!"
"Silence." said King Onroe Danzel "Magick is very real, my liege."
The High Guard wondered if it all came down to their old king's age for he had sworn allegiance to a king, who had saved him from the depths of death, not a king who dabbled in such rubbish.
Then the king stomped his stave.
Time has come to a halt.
"Wha- What is this?!"
"Have you lived in a cave for the majority of your life? This is magick. The practice had been ongoing for years. Why do you think such things like Dragons exist? Or why I would have a High Wizard?"
Upon those words, the High Wizard Crowley Aberath appeared out of thin air. "You called, my king?"
Markus flinched. First time stopped, then a person appears out of nowhere. He had always thought Crowley was just a jester that the King liked to have around.
"I told you. Very real." said the King.
"Is this all you need me for, my lord? To prove the simpleton of such fascination?"
The king shook his head and a worried expression came over him.
"I have called you two here for a very important matter. I have told you about the happenings upon Eidenross, correct?"
"Keeps suddenly on fire, creatures of the night appearing more often, and the city of Emberlash becoming frugal with power and rebellion."
"Yes. Magick is very important to our nation of Eidenross and we have done so well to keep it at minimum, evident as to how you, High Guard, has believed that such thing did not exist. There has been a dabble of the darker arts and mysterious creatures begin to manifest here... And into the future." The High Wizard stood astonished.
"My King, how could you know of the Future? Even we, those who dabble in the arts, have no jurisdiction upon Time and Fate's flow."
The King stood and tapped his stave. They had teleported to a dungeon. The King's secret room, Markus recalled. King Onroe strode to the cauldron in the room and inserted a muck of some greenish powder.
The powder swirled and created a clear image of cities full of risen buildings and expensive cars.
"What is this?!" Markus exclaimed.
"The very distant future..." Crowley said. "My lord, could you possibly be a..."
King Onroe nodded. "Yes, Crowley. I am a Time Mage."
"But the Time Mages have long been extinct! Practicing the art of Time magic is a tedious effort. And even then, all one could manage is to stop the flow for as long as your Mana can hold on or turn the clock back. Nothing of the future."
"Time Mages have never been extinct. Just hidden. My lineage have all been that of the Time Mage's blood. So have many others. So have my son and daughter... And to the magick, I have Blue Wizard blood in me. Its amplified my strength." said the King. "Now, on to business."
Then, screeching sounds emit the cauldron and creatures of darkness and horrible power have appeared and set upon destruction to the city.
"This will happen soon. With what strength I have, I know that another Time Mage is aiding the one causing all the mishaps upon our kingdom. We must find the perpetrators. But I don't have the strength left and my children are far long away from the business of Time Magicks."
"What do you propose we do, my king?" says High Wizard Crowley.
"I want you to find my descendant."
He hands a ring with crosses etched on it. "This will help you find my blood in the future. It will glow a faint should you cross paths with her."
Markus stood astonished. "How... How do you expect us to travel upon the future, my lord?!"
With those words, the King Grinned.
~Eidenross~
"My father has instructed me the task of sending you off." Jared Danzel, Royal Prince of Eidenross, stood proud in front of Crowley and Markus. "Travel to the future is a very tiring and limited process." Those words incurred fear on Markus. If time travel was limited, what would happen if they were stuck in a world they didn't belong to.
"This portal will take you to one timeline and will be up for just 15 seconds. You will have to be quick once I open it. Here."
He hands them 3 emerald necklaces.
"Once you've done your task, just break one and a portal back shall open."
The two place them in a bag with their gear.
"Good Luck." He said.
The Portal was open.

~Eidenross~

Verum Investigations, Detroit, Michigan
December 10, 2014

"Thanks Mili."
"No problem Reese. Just try not to get caught."
"When have I ever been caught?"
Mili Verum set the phone down and arranged her paper work. Ever since she was a kid, she's always been one who loved the law. She wanted to be in the FBI or the Force at first, but realized how much corruption they all lead to.
So she got her P.I. License when she was 21 and opened up her own agency. She was good, More than she would admit. But the P.I. business was a pretty slow way of raking in cash, so she uses her abilities for another profession. Being a journalist.
As a P.I., finding information was cake. Using her badge was a pretty easy way to gather more info than what a regular journalist would normally resort to.
So with her jobs, she didn't really had a lot to worry about cash.
"Oh, Ian." Ian Fringe entered her office with donuts.
"Hey, Couz. Mom told me you were around so she had me deliver these."
"Thanls. I can't wait to carbload." Before Ian could leave, she stops him.
"Here." She tosses him a notebook. "It's everything I could find on that bitch who's been putting gum on Heather's backpack." Ian grinned and exited her office.
With donuts, Starbucks couldn't hurt, She thought.
She put on her trench coat and slung her bag full of various amounts of P.I. Gear and weapons on her shoulder and departed for Starbucks.

~Eidenross~
"Mommy! Look at the funny men!" The little girl ushered her mom to try and look at the ash blonde stranger wearing a set of armor and the silver haired one wearing blue robes that accompanied him.
"Don't disturb them Callie. They must be performers of some sort." The mother said. "Freaks."
They walked away as the two wandered around the public area.
"Where are we?" Markus asks.
Crowley stared at a sign by the road. "It seems we are at this... Detroit place." Their English Accent was thick and seemed to gather stares at people.
Some just assumed they were filming for some sort of Game of Thrones special.
Then, a nerd with purple rimmed glasses approached them.
"Are you perhaps promoting a new AQ Worlds theme?" The nerd asked with giddy delight.
Markus gave him a strange but scary look. The nerd was unfazed.
"Oh come on. Spill it already!"
"What is this... AQ Worlds, of which you speak?" Markus asks sincerely.
"You can't trick me. I know what you're doing!" Markus was alarmed and drew his sword. "What business do you have with Eidenross?! Answer!"
"Aha! I knew it! Whatever this Eidenross is is going to be a new story isn't it! No point denying it now you idiot!"
"You dare call me an idiot you vile, wretched, fool?! I shall smite your blood upon my-"
"Stop!" Crowley hisses. "Remember, this is the future. We cannot make any hasty actions. Certainly not murder in broad daylight."
Crowley turns around and places a hand on the nerd's shoulder.
"I'm sorry, we are not part of AQ Worlds... We are merely part of a play called Eidenross. My friend is just very... in-character." The glow in Crowley's eyes was unmistakable. Magick. Or, Magic as it is spelled in this era.
The nerd nods and walks away.
"I've read as much as I can about this time from the boy. It's a very advanced world... Also his brain was so full of pop cultured things and obsessions with women. It was, as they say, creepy."
"We do not have time for such trivial things right now. We must find King Onroe's descendant."
"But Markus, Do you not wish some knowledge of this world so you do not make a mistake? My magic can share to you the things about this era. You-"
"It can wait." Markus took out the ring and walked on with the slightly annoyed Crowley trailing behind.
Then the ring glowed, It was headed north.
So were they.

~Eidenross~

Mili had always enjoyed Starbucks. You could almost call it a vice.
She sat at by the window and enjoyed her donuts and the coffee.
She was about to take her camera out to take pictures of people for future use when a pair of hands cover her eyes.
"Guess who?" Mili giggled and moved the hands away from her face.
"Hey, Oz." Osmund Virtus, Mili's long time boyfriend, had practically been what Mili described as 'The One'. 7 years ago, when she was just a sophomore, she'd have probably just laugh at someone who says that the probability of them going out was high. Oz was reckless and a jackass as a teenager. Mili, who always lingered on justice, had detested Oz and his antics. But after saving him from his Big Brother who she found out was the one who had been kidnapping and killing girls from their school(Including Oz's former lover), he had been considerate and nice. Mili lost her disgust for him, but it didn't really amount to anything but friendship. Until Senior Year, that is. Finding out that her Physics teacher and a student had caused the fire that killed the former Math Teacher for destroying their lives and a couple of students, the teacher and student had attempted to kill her too. Mili subdued the student with a Stun Gun and Mace, but her teacher had her trapped in the teachers lounge. Disarmed, she had hoped that her text about the revelation and chaos would reach her Older Brother. Instead, Oz appears with a pipe and knocks the teacher unconscious. She had texted Oz in her panic. That was a deal breaker.
They started going out a month later.
She wrapped her arms on his neck and kissed him. The way that made single people hate themselves.
They ate the food and left for her office to watch a movie. On the way out, they had missed the weird guy who wore armor as they arrived to Starbucks.

~Eidenross~
"Damn it. We missed."
Markus sulked at a table as Crowley arrived with two cups of coffee. It was pretty simple to swipe 20 dollars from that moron who kept his bag open in front of him.
"Cheer up. We'll find this descendant." He hands the coffee to Markus. "Coffee?"
Markus takes the cup with curiosity and examined it with careful precision.
"You... You sip it from the little hole on top." He says, trying his hardest to not laugh.
Markus took a gulp and went red. "That is very hot!"
"I told you to sip it."
Markus expels a sigh and smiles. "It does, however taste like a million sunbursts of energy."
Crowley didn't want to explain the burnout he'll experience later.
"Are you sure you don't want-"
"It can wait!" Cheered up, Markus stands and drags Crowley out in search of the descendant.
They had followed the ring for as long as they could until they eventually reached Verum Investigations.
"Hold on." Crowley produced his staff and tapped the ground. Markus felt lighter.
"I put on a glamour to make it look like we're normal people."
They entered the office and was greeted by a cheery brunette. Her features were similar of that as of Prince Jared's wife and daughter, Markus thought. The boy beside her, however, were unfamiliar.
"Welcome to Verum Investigations. How can I help you." The ring glowed at her
Markus began to speak, but Crowley put a stop to him. Giving him a look that said 'I got this' Crowley dug deep into the info he has gained on this place and finally spoke.
"We're here... for a case."

~Well? How'd you like my new story?
This popped up after watching my sister watch Game of Thrones.
I was like, "Why don't I ever make stories about knights and that stuff?"
I argued that it must have been from my distaste of rather old English or something.
Then I remembered a plot I was going to use for a Skyrim Fanfic.
And then I thought, Why don't I add the future to the story? So I did.
This is the outcome! Eidenross is inspired by The Elder Scrolls and My Sister Watching Game of Thrones. It will be a 4 part short story series. I hope I FINISH it this time though. Hahahaha XD
I hope you enjoyed! Tune in for the next chapter of Eidenross.
-Thanos Venge

No comments:

Post a Comment