Saturday, December 6, 2014

Intuition: Flint

  Intuition:
      Flint

                                -
Gallows Road just beyond Mile Turn-
                                          Friday, September 14, 2034


The rain at night didn’t seem to matter. Marty Smith wanted to live his life like another face in the crowd and he didn’t care what other people had to say. As he lit up a joint by his favorite alley, he found himself staring deep into the watery night sky.
It was quite beautiful. Then as the last raindrop fell, the faintest green light radiated.
“What the hell?” Soon, flames enveloped his mind. The flashes of green fire did not stop and as Marty writhed in pain trying to fight off the phenomena he couldn’t fathom, he felt his mouth twitch. From his slowly muffling screams, his lips slowly curved into an undeniably creepy smile.
All individual thoughts by him slowly locked into the deepest parts of his mind as the fire overtook.
His last cigarette butt fell as he walked away with his contorted, new smile.

                                                   -Fort Residence-
                                                     The Next Day

My sleep was abruptly ended as my parents swung open the door. It was Saturday, and usually my parents would still be asleep at this hour, but they were oddly up anyways. They wore incredulously wide smiles. I only ever saw those kinds of smiles for surprises, and I usually love surprises, but their smile today was off.
“Goooooood Morning!” they said strangely in sync and monotonously.
“Its time to get up! Up! Up!” They didn’t even let me register what happened and just grabbed me by the hand, dragging me downstairs, and sitting me down firmly to a chair. In the table before me lay a bowl of cereal.
“You must eat your breakfast.” Dad said, which was REALLY odd. He never said anything when eating.
“A plain bowl of oatmeals?” I said. “This is what you woke me up for at 7 in the morning?”
Silence strayed, then mom spoke.
“Breakfast! You must eat!” She stares at me intently. “Eat!”
“Ok! Ok!” As I scoop up my first bite, I stop at the sight of a mysterious white grain and a mechanical like tip.
“… I think I’ll pass.” I said and set the spoon down.
“But, Kyle Fort! You must eat this food. You must! Son!” I didn’t want to believe it since I doubted those Science Fiction shit would be real, but these people aren’t my parents right now. I stood up, backing away from the table. They followed. Slowly at first.
“You must! Obey! You Must!” And the crooked smiles became scarier.
I dashed to the living room, but tripped over my mom’s lamp. I’d be dead by her wrath if she were in her right mind right now. She loves that lamp. But I’d rather not be dead by her wrath right now with that sick smile on her face! I struggle up, but mom grabs my leg. I trip and fall over, grabbing and dropping her handbag from the couch in the process. The contents spill and I find her can of Tear Gas laid out. As she begins to drag me to her, I notice a small, silvery object in her hand. A butter knife. Without second thought, I claw for the Tear Gas just inches from my fingertips. As I hear my mom give out a triumphant cry as she begins to bring the knife down, my fingers reach the can and I turn around.
The orange spray that comes out instantly backs my mother off. The knife glints and falls away from her direction. The smile is momentously covered by her hands as she tries to wipe away the Tear Gas from her face.
“Sorry about this, mom.” I say and kick her in the face. She's out cold.
I slowly get up, but stop as I hear a click.
I forgot about dad.
He was pointing his Desert Eagle that he had bought in case the family was in danger at me.
I shut my eyes as he slowly squeezed the trigger. But the shot doesn’t come. Just a spasm from my dad and the buzzing of electricity.
Dad is also out. On his back were probes attached to wires leading up to a Taser. Holding the Taser that saved my life was my best friend, David Urch.
He unhooked the Taser cartridge holding the shot that was attached to Dad.
“We gotta run. There’s more of them.” He says.
Before I can leave, I take the gun from Dad and Mom's can of Tear Gas on the floor. Better hope that they don’t kill… or be killed.
“David, what’s going on?!” I said as we dashed out of my house.
He lingers on words, but finally he answers.
“I don’t know.” Just not the answers I want.
“Don’t block the road!” Old lady Sally from across the street was coming at us with a pipe. Her smile… was just like the others.
David takes out the cartridge on his taser and uses it’s Drive Stun function. It kind of like turns into a Stun Gun, but is used more for pain and not for incapacitation. I roll to the side and David ducks as Sally swings her pipe. David jams the Taser to her gut and Drive Stuns her. She was on the floor, clutching her gut.
David kicks her in the head and she stops moving.
Was she dead?
“David… You-”
“She’s not human anymore.” He says, almost a little coldly. “We have to go.”
A man from the sewers rises from the manhole just beyond David. I pull David away before the man could grab his foot and drag him under.
I pull out the can of Tear Gas and spray the man’s eyes. His grip on the sewer’s ladder loosens and he falls. A distinct thump was heard… Along with a crack.
David didn’t hesitate with more words and just grabbed my wrist and made a run for it.

                                                        ~Intuition~

We arrived at the foot of a large tree. This was…
“Our tree house? The last time we went here, we were 4th graders. How on earth are we safe here?” I ask.
He motions me inside a small opening via a slightly uprooted root and kicks off a suspicious, dusty rug. There was a square door of steel.
“Where did you…”
“I found it 2 months ago. I was supposed to tell you about it once I was finished refurbishing it, but the situations changed.”
David climbs down and tells me to shut the door when I follow him.
I do as told and my mouth is left open.
It was like a nuke bunker in here! David had managed somehow to put in a sofa, a TV, a PC, two Laptops, a mini-fridge, and other furniture and appliances you wouldn’t think would fit through that door.
“Welcome to Casa Urch Fort. I managed to rewire the electricity and save all the food I found in here. The mini-fridge are for snacks and drinks. There’s a real fridge just over that room.”
I wondered at the place, reveling on David’s work. I almost forgot we were in some sort of Smilepocalypse for a while.
Almost.
“No one knows where this is. I mean, the tree house was pretty hard to find by itself. I doubt people would know about THIS.”
David sat in front of a laptop and booted up a sort of camera.
“And don’t worry, I’ve rewired the area so we can check in if ever someone discovers this place. I’ve placed a few… Defensive measures out.” I checked outside. All I could see where a couple of slightly hidden bear traps, a few tripwires, and water balloons that David said he filled with Mace spray.
“I’m just a teenager. I know I may sound amazing for being able to put this old bunker to use, but I don’t have a lot of resources and I can’t say I have enough experience to make more complex traps… Besides, we don’t have a lot of weapons.”
He had a point. It made me check what we DID have to defend ourselves. David brought out a box of things he took from home that we could classify as weapons.
We had his Taser, A crowbar, a few knives(Kitchen and a few utility ones), a firepoker, a few cans of pepper spray and mace, the Tear Gas I took from home, a boxcutter, a Stun Gun, Slingshots, a cleaver, and the gun I took from dad.
Say someone did manage to get in, the gun had about 8 bullets. 8 saving graces and we’re to struggle. And what’s stopping them from using guns themselves? We need weapons. Real weapons.

And David knew that very well. I could tell from the look in his eye after looking at me as I rifled through the weapons.
"It's not much... But they're better than nothing." He says.
"Yeah, until one of them comes at us with an AK-47 and start shooting us." I reply. "We need real weapons. Guns, David. This isn't like a zombie apocalypse. These things are smarter." And creepy. And I thought Miley Cyrus was creepy.
I'd take her licking my face to the being smothered with a pillow by these smiling freaks.
Even if four of these smiling freaks were our parents. Speaking off...
"How are your parents, David?" He fell into a short silence. Then, after holding back a sniff, he answered.
"Mom was fine and got away with my little brother. Dad wasn't so lucky... He turned into one and tried to kill me with a fork. That was until my big brother came in and shot him. He was dead. Then, my big brother was shot too. I hid in a closet and then came to your place after the killer left."
A lump appeared on my throat. Mrs. Urch and his little brother, Alex Urch was fine. Mr. Urch was shot by David's big brother, Patrick Urch... Then he was killed himself. I know I sound annoying for rehashing these things but... Mr. U was cool. And Patrick was cooler.
I had fun just being David's friend when I was around their place. I could only imagine the pain he's going through. And the pain he's taking to hold it all back.
"I'm sorry..." I say.
"Let's go look for weapons." I'm glad he was the one that decided to change the subject. I always sucked at that. "The Police Station should have some weapons."
I nod, but I felt myself getting heavier and tired.
Constantly trying to avoid death by smiles was a pretty exhausting job after all. Much worse than trying to avoid those annoying little kids from Three Streets down whenever I try to go to 7-Eleven.
Now those were some people I wish wore the smiles.
"Maybe we should take a break first. Let's go later." I say.
"Alright." He takes off his vest and lays down on the couch. "Set the alarm to thirty minutes. That should probably enough." Ok. It's a fair enough rest time. Any other NORMAL day, I'd have told him to stop being a fucktard and let me sleep in. But how could I complain? We were living under a tree with the entire city was overrun with... with...
"Hey, what should we call those freaks. Smiles?"
He remains in thought for about a minute before turning his head to look at me.
"Giggles." I nod.
Giggles. The entire city is overrun with Giggles.
I don't know how long we were gonna survive with whatever food we had, or how we could defend ourselves with what we currently have.
But it's better than dying out.
If i have to conform and let those freaks kill me or worse, turn me into one of them, I'd off myself first.
I just hope whoever else is sane enough are still alive.
We'll live our life fighting before we die to this.


~Author's notes
So! This was the original(Albeit revised since the original one was lost)
I hope you like it! This is origin of Kyle Fort and David Urch. Their story starts here. But things will take an unexpected twist in the next story... So stay tuned >:)
Read the first story, Guts, here:
Guts: Ignition

No comments:

Post a Comment