Saturday, November 22, 2014

Myself and Only Myself

A poem on the quote I like to quote upon the end of my profile bio.

Myself and Only Myself

A fallen lily, a fallen leaf
A falling stone, a falling phone
Our fallen wishes, our falling dreams
Save them, can we? Catch them, should we?
Will our identity lead us to an answer?

We grow up, We die
Hoping something goes right, broken when it doesn’t
Are we supposed to be just another face in the crowd?
Or are we supposed to find out who we should ever be?
We’ll only ever know by ourselves

Life’s too short, but it seems so long
Then again, you never notice the clock move on
When you think its peaceful, then you’re dead wrong
We’re always at a war
With someone, or with ourselves

People come and go in our lives
But we’ll always have ourselves
You can isolate yourself in a room
Or you can melt in the crowd, but you’ll still find you
Because no one can ever be who you are

Why live a life of white and gray?
When you can take that rainbow, you know it’s there
I’ve found that and drove away
And I know in my heart that I’ll never fade
For I am Myself and Only Myself

I’m fine with that, and I always will be
Cause the way I see it
 I wouldn’t have it any other way

No comments:

Post a Comment