Sunday, November 24, 2013

Dragon Soul: A Skyrim Fanfic

Chapter 1:
7 years had passed since the defeat of Alduin . 7 Years since the end of the civil war. 7 years since the death of Ulfric Stormcloak. 7 years... Everything because of the Dragonborn, my father.
At least, to me he is. I don't own his blood, but to his blood, I owe him everything. He was more of a father to me then the parents that left me in that wretched orphanage. Everyday I lived my life in demands and pain from that old hag,Grelod the Kind. Irony to her name.
The moment the Dragonborn first stepped into Honorall Orphanage, I knew every single one of us were saved. He gave me one good look, and one good glare at Grelod, before leaving the orphanage. He came back the next day, taking Grelod to her private quarters. What first seemed like Grelod's regular means of conversation turned into screams of anger and fear before she let out one last cry as I heard her blood splatter across the room. Grelod was dead. As dead as a Draugr in the ruins out of Riften.
"Grelod is dead." Runa said. Every kid in the room stopped what they were doing, dropped everything and stood outside Grelod's door. It opened, The Dragonborn with his bloody sword and Grelod the Kind on the floor. Dead. He smiled at us and said.
"You're saved." He went out the door as Constance Micheal returned from the market.
"What are you all-" She didn't finish. Her bag of goods fell to the floor, apples and berries spilling in all directions. Her face was a mix of shock, horror, mortified, and a small hint of gladness. She started panicking, screaming in a panic. The other kids didn't bother with her and poked at Grelod's corpse. Me and Runa eventualy calmed her down. The guards came in from all the shouting and discovered Grelod. What we thought was gonna be an interrogation became comical amusement.
"Oh, Grelod the Kind is dead. Bitch had it coming." One said.
"Should we report this?" The other asked
"Naw, No one's gonna care about her anyways. Just haul her corpse to the Hall of the Dead. I think even the youngsters dont even care about her." And that was the last we ever so of that wicked witch. The guards hauled her bloody body to the Hall of the dead.
A day later, the Dragonborn came back.
Constance Micheal approached him.
"Is there something I can do for you?" She asked. I thought he only did this to get in her pants, but the next words surprised us all the most.
"I'm here to adopt one of your kids." He said. Constance was a stuttering moron by now.
"Tha-Tha- That's great! Um, uh, but first, I gotta ask a few questions and... Do you have a home for the child to stay?"
"I have one at Whiterun. Then there's one here at Riften. I had the alchemy lab turned into a room for the kid can stay."
"You can adopt 2, if you like."
"No, I already have one at home. Just one more to complete the package."
Then, there was silence.
It broke into a war of who was gonna go with him.
There was hair pulling, shouting, begging.
"Pick me!"
"No Me!"
"I can do chores! Pick me!"
Everyone was at a momentum. They wanted to get out of this orphanage.
I just stood there and stared at the man. The man who gladly dirtied his hands to free us.
And he stared back.
"I'll take him." He said so calmly.
"He looks like a little warrior."
I was still standing there, with my mouth slightly open. The shock had come to me late, and everyone was looking at me with curt jealousy.
"Samuel? Aren't you going to meet your new father?" I casually walked over to him, still in a state of shock. Everyone parted a way for me.
"Looks, like your coming home with me, Kiddo."
Then, just like that, I was the Dragonborn's new son.

~This was one of the first things I wanted to publish, but never had the time to work on. So, today, after publishing the first Guts chapter, I was like, eh, What the Hell.
It dawned on to me that I've made a lot of these short stories, and most of them are ending up as series.
The Only Exception would be Free Fall. (If you read the story, the pun was intended.)
So now, I realized how much I should be working on. Then I also realized how much I've neglected working on my comic My Parents are Nobodies, again. It's nothing new, but I bet my readers are pissed.
Well, hope you enjoyed. See Ya!
-S and D.

No comments:

Post a Comment