Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Free Fall

…And on the Free Fall, I will Realize
…I'm better off when I hit the Bottom
Alison threw her Ipod into the deep Ravine
Funny she thought to herself
Never thought the last song I'd ever listen to would be Turn it Off.
A single tear fell from her cheek. She wiped it off her cheek.
Can't cry. No one's there to save you anyways.
The Ravine was at least 20 feet deep. Throwing herself over would instantly kill her.
Much like her Ipod, which she oddly heard it's destruction.
"Gravity. Thanks for giving me the chance to break all my bones. I'll get you a promotion when I get to hell."
Alison closed her eyes, sucked in a lot of air, and spread her hands out.
But before she decided to crush every part of her body, she wanted to remember everything that pushed her. Everything.

              ~~10 Days Ago~~

…I don’t even remember
…Why I'm Wasting all these tears on you!

Oh my god, Cassadee Pope. You're so overreacting. You, are like, so great. You don't need that guy.
Good thing I'm happy. What'll happen to me when my dear, dear Derek leaves me.
This was not a good sign. Alison's Ipod is her prophetic music player that oddly plays music that'll match the mood.
She inserted her key and turned her boyfriends apartment door knob, slowly. She wanted to surprise him with a visit.
Instead, she dropped the box of cake she had brought for him.
He was making out with a girl.
Not just any girl
That slut from her class, Gina Pally.
Derek must've heard the cake fall. That or because the door suddenly opened, with an open mouthed Alison standing out the door, because he was instantly off of Gina. If Alison had arrived any later, maybe it would've been more than their shirts on the floor.
For 10 seconds, Alison was just standing there with her mouth wide open.
Then came the impact of the situation.
Then Denial
Then Regret
Then Anger
Then the tears.
“What’s up, bitch?” Gina said abruptly. This was an intentional attack on her part. She wanted to destroy another couple.
And she succeeded.
Derek Michael Langsty fell for her attack.
He cheated on Alison.
“Alison...I.... Alison! Wait!”
Alison about-faced and ran down the hall, like any hurt girl who just caught her boyfriend kissing some slut.
Why?  Tears continued to stream off of her face.
She reached her car and drove without any destination.
…Rolling in the Deep!!!
…You had my heart inside your hand!

Stupid Radio! Stupid Ipod! Why does every song you play end up coming true?!
Her heart was shattered. Her eyes so swollen, it might have popped out of her eye sockets.
It’ll take more than ice cream to mend her broken heart.
In her anger, she kept trying to change the station. All were oddly playing the same song.
Rolling in the deep.
“Oh my GOD! I HATE YOU!” She now started to bang her radio.
“If you know my future so much, why don’t tell me what’s gonna happen to me next you piece of-“
The song changed.
....I think we have an Emergency!
“Wha-“
There was a loud and long beep.
A car was gonna collide with hers.
“Shit!” She stepped on the breaks so hard, her heels might break.
It was a close shot.
“Oh my god...” She sighed. And angrily stepped out her car.
“Can you watch where you’re going?!” The man that stepped out of his own car was familiar.
“Well, if you weren’t driving so fast, you’d know you were driving on the wrong lane.”
It was her old friend. Josh Harris.
They had been close friends as kids. They oddly drifted when they entered high school.
“Sorry, Josh.” She turned around and wiped her eyes dry to avoid any more embarrassment.
The radio’s song changed again. From Emergency, it became
…And if you have a minute, why don’t we go
…Somewhere only we Know
Lyrics spoke for itself, yet Alison had no idea what they meant at the moment.
“Hey...What’s wrong, Ali?”
“I...I just...” She sat at her car.
Minutes later, they decided to talk, but not before parking their cars at the side of the road.  Wouldn’t want to get hauled by the police.
“So, it was that bastard Derek.” Josh said. He smacked his fist into his other hand.
“Want me to take care of him?”
Alison laughed, but not without small tears still dripping. She was holding up her handkerchief.
“Don’t...That’s alright Josh. Thanks though...”
He smiled. A caring kind of smile. This made Alison wonder.
“Why did we ever grow apart?” She asked.
He tipped his hat upward and looked into the sky.
“I don’t really know. I just thought you wanted to hang out with your girl friends or Derek more. We slowly stopped seeing each other. That’s just it.”
“We became strangers.” She said so bluntly.
“Yeah...Strangers.”
Alison laid her head into his shoulder, and cried a good 8 minutes, before getting over herself.
She wiped her nose
…Who cares? Divine intervention
…I Wanna be praised from a new perspective

The song made no sense at this situation, but Alison took it as her sign to leave and thank Josh.
“I should go. I have some crazy crying to do and dark songs I have to listen to.”
“Sounds good. Can I come?”
“Haha... No. Thanks though. It’s not like you caught your girlfriend cheating with someone.”
He gave her an odd look that meant her words meant otherwise.
She didn’t realize it.
“Well...Thanks again Josh. You made me feel a little better.” She gave him a friendly hug and wiped another tear from her face.
“See you on...Monday?”
He gave a coy smile and said. “Maybe.”

True to her words, she came home crying like crazy.
She ripped every photo of Derek.
Burned every gift he got her.
Destroyed everything he owned that he left in her room.
Wiped every memory of him from existence. Or atleast...In her room.
…I hate myself for loving you
…I turn my head away
…But my heart will remain, till the day I learn your no good for me
Fitting to her rage, the song continued to boom into her room.

“Is everything ok?” Her mom entered her room.
“It’s... I’m fine mom.” She wasn’t. She was obviously wasn’t
“I’m fine. You don’t have to worry. You can continue doing whatever your doing and please just leave me alone.” Alison was backed to a wall and fell to her knees.
“I’m fine. I’m fine. I’m fine.”
She sobbed continually.
All her mom could do was comfort her. She knew what it was like to find your loved one from cheating. Just like her husband and that bitch that took him away.

That Monday, Alison was barely in the path to recovery.
She wasn’t crying. That’s one. But she was still not feeling any good.
“Alison.” That voice...
Alison put on her earphones and blasted the volume to max. She’d rather let her ears bleed than listen to that asshole.
“...son... Wa...t I..s N.t w..t y.. Th..k!” She could still hear them.
...Ignorance is your new best friend
...Ignorance is your new best friend.

Annoyed enough, she wanted to get this over with. She ripped her earphones off of her ears.
“What? What do you want to say, you man-whore?! That it’s not what I think?! Stereotype much?! Guys keep saying that when the girls obviously know what it meant! You listen, and listen good you asshole. We’re through. We ARE THROUGH. I hate you. I hate your cheating ass. I hate your annoying lies! So get OVER yourself. Get a LIFE!” Alison started walking on, but not without turning back.
“Oh, and by the way.” His face was red and sweaty. “I hope you enjoyed that slut, and I hope you fall off a cliff and DIE.”
Alison continued on, not noticing the crowd of people whose attention she garnered.
...When I thought he was mine
    She caught him by the mouth
Oh no.
“Hey Ali-Ho.” Gina.
“Bitch.” Alison replied.
“Saw what you did there. Let me just tell you this. He DID enjoy me. At least, more than he ever enjoyed you.”
Misery Business was on its guitar solo when Alison literally ripped her hair to shreds.
Then, in commemoration to the song, she reached into Gina’s boobs.
“I knew it.”
There were pads. Bitch was wearing pads.
“You bi-“ Alison beat her to it. She had given Gina an extremely painful slap across the face. Twice.
“The next time you decide to steal someone’s boyfriend, let me tell you this. You better make sure his girlfriend wasn’t extremely calculating.” Alison shoved her to the floor. 
“Slut.”
She could hear the students whispering
“Twice in one day. Oh my god, I’m scared of her.” Teenagers gave way to her.
“I’m going to make your life hell, you hear me? HELL!” Gina shouted in the hall
Alison turned around. “Sorry. I’m already in one.”

In 3 days, most of her friends have deserted her in fear. Only Josh and Val were left. Her old friend, and her best friend.
“Don’t listen to them, babe. I think you were awesome.” Val said.
“Yeah. It’s not like you killed someone.” Josh added.
“Not helping.”
Lunch was oddly refreshing. With only two friends with her and the space, she felt some air.
Until Gina bumped into her.
“Oh my god, get away from me you freak.”
“Oh sorry! Did I scare you, skank?” She doused Alison with coke.
“Oh, get over yourself honey.” Alison was ready to strike back, but Val beat her to it.
“Over THIS, bitch.” She splashed Gina with her own coke, and a battle broke out. Apparently, Alison’s bravery had struck an inspiration on Val too.
That day, Val was suspended for a few days. Gina, a week. Alison? Detention.
She spent detention in a corner with a few bad kids. Still, her rep hasn’t died out, even in detention.

“Don’t fret about it, Al! It’s not your fault.”
“How’s the black eye?” Alison asked.
“Good. I doubt Gina’s is any better though.”
They had been speaking by phone. Alison was all alone now. Her best friend was out of school for days and Josh was called by an editor. He was meeting with the editor to have his book published.
“I hope you’ll be fine all by yourself.”
She wasn’t gonna be.
The next few days were hell.
Gina’s friends made it out of their way to personally humiliate her.
When Alison reached her locker, Bitch was spray painted on it.
Her lunch involved those girls throwing their deserts at her.
Then, what was worse, they drove after her relentlessly, calling her a whore.
It was just a few days, but Alison couldn’t take it. Monday, after school, Alison finally decided to end it all.
This is where we left off.
Her memories were complete. She still wasn’t done healing from Derek, when her classmates started widening her still healing wound.
Sure, she did a lot of things to give her that reputation, but still...
It wasn’t her fault her heart was broken.

         ~~Josh~~
 He was reaching Mile turn when he saw someone standing over a cliff.
It was Alison, her arms were outstretched. She was gonna commit suicide
...Dare you to move
...Dare you to move.

It didn’t take Josh 2 seconds to get out of his car and run for her.
         ~~~~~~~
…There’s a time and a place to die
…And this aint it! NOOOOO!!!!
Alison threw her Ipod down the ravine, and her car was at home. There was supposed to be no music.

“Whatever.” She started walking.
“Alison! No!!” Josh.
She didn’t turn around. Only whispering “I’m sorry.”
She leaped.
She wasn’t 2 feet down the ravine when someone caught her arm.
“Don’t...Let go!”
“Josh...”She was dangling. Her arm, caught in his.
“Don’t...!”
“No...It’s ok. It’s over. It’s ok.”
“ITS NOT!” She was surprised by his lashing out.
“Don’t. Don’t leave me again. I won’t know what to do with myself.”
She looked at his eyes. He was crying.
“Josh...What are you-“
“Alison, I Love you. I always have. Since the first time I met you. Since that time you pushed me out of that car’s way. That time you made my heart beat. When we started growing away, I didn’t stop loving you. No one could take your place.”
“Josh...”
“I know you hear the music too. You don’t know how many times I’ve heard the Only Exception when I see you. My Ipod doesn’t have that song.” He sniffed.
“Alison. I love you. I love you more than that excuse of a man. Derek.”
…Because none of it was ever worth the risk
…Well, you are the only exception.”

They both heard it now. Not only Josh, but Alison too.
She never knew it, but she loved him too. She would find herself looking his direction at lunch. She always wondered how he was.
That explained so much.
Alison took his arms and pulled herself, careful not to bring Josh down.
When she got back up, the first thing she did was kiss Josh full on the lips.
“I didn’t go to the editor.”Josh pulled away.
“What?”
“I was kinda planning my date with you. Funny, Cause I was supposed to bring you today and-” Alison held his cheek and kissed him quick.
"I don't need the details. I just know. I wanna be with you. Always. I love you too, Josh."
They kissed again as the sun dropped and drove to the song “The Only Exception” fading in the background.

The End.
So? What do you think of MY style of love stories? I know it was kinda dark at first and I almost contemplated killing Alison, But in the end, I decided to go with a chic flick ending. Well! I hope you really enjoyed! :)

1 comment:

  1. “I know you hear the music too. You don’t know how many times I’ve heard the Only Exception when I see you. My Ipod doesn’t have that song.”

    FORTUNE TELLING IPODS!

    I WISH I HAVE ONE!

    FRESH IDEA, VERY CREATIVE!

    KEEP IT UP!

    E. R. : )

    ReplyDelete