Saturday, December 28, 2013

Glare: Common Hysteria

Previously on The Glare Series:
Glare: Common Ground

The Browning Hi-Power Pistol I got from Reks was cold under my shirt.
It made me think about going back to get the Holster from Reks.
But besides Heather barely containing Clara to be strong, I really didn't want to risk anymore danger as it is.
The north exit was blocked from the outside.
The west was chained like the south.
The east...Well somehow, they managed to set off an explosion without making the ground shake or causing a commotion.
Whoever these people were, they were smart and ruthless.
Besides Reks, the only other one we found was the janitor Mr. Wane. He was dead.
I guess only Reks decided to go on the night shift among the guards.
The point was, the exits were all sealed off and that there was no way to leave.
By Door.
The nearest room from where we stand was Room 207. As we entered the small classroom, we silently crept to the window.
It made me wonder why we haven't encountered any of our might be assailants. This was a big school, I know, but we've been wandering this place for the past 26 minutes. It shouldn't take that long to find us. I reached for the window handles, but Heather pulls me back.
"Ian!" She hisses. "Don't go near the windows!"
"Why?!" I mouthed. She crouched and took out her Iphone. She snapped a quick picture from the window.
Outside the school were men in laden black suits.
I considered opening the window and shooting them, but I already know there are more of them here.

                                                                             ~X~

We silently crept to the exit.
The second floor hallway was creepy in comparison to the usual, dull school day. Clara was trembling behind Heather, clenching the baton I passed to Heather.
"It's ok, Clara. It's ok." It wasn't. We were trapped in the last place we wanted to be in. School.
Even my house seemed more appealing then this eerie silence.
As we reached the last exit I memorized in this school, Nothing but disappointment filled us. The fire exits to the back of the school was destroyed. I peeked at the window. No men in black.
Why is it always black, anyways?
From what we've seen so far, the best way to exit would be the south.exits. Unfortunately, these people, whoever they are, were smart enough to sabotage any means of escape from this side. We either risk falling to our deaths from THIS window, or rush out the North window and die of bullet wounds.
There were no windows from the rooms on the first floor in this side, so that thought was immediately thrown down the drain.
As we leave in vain, we heard it. A piercing sound like the squeaking of birds.
"The whistle."
They found them. We were immediately running. The sound came from the west side, first floor.
As we ran to the clinic, I bump into someone.
"Darcy!" I pull her in for a hug. We've done it before, and it's not awkward.
"Ian!" Her voice was cracking. She wasn't crying, but she was terribly scared. "Ian! Quick!" There were sounds of gunshots.
"Don't worry, it's her. I gave her the gun. Carl's safe. Patricia hid her in Nurse Tolentol's secret stash room after she patched him up." We hurried.
Patricia, who was hiding behind the lockers, was in the middle of a gunfight, shooting the Sig Sauer I handed her moments ago.
Her aim was oddly good. It must be from all that photography lessons. The attacker was down after 3 shots, and the attacker's partner hid behind a pillar. He hasn't noticed me yet, so I crouched behind the chairs until I made it just behind the attacker.
I pointed the gun at his head as he gasped in surprise.
"Good Night." I pulled the trigger.

                                                                             ~X~

"Ugh, I'm a mess." I really should've considered the range of where I was shooting before I killed Patricia's attacker. I'm soaking with blood in my face and shirt.
I don't know why, but I don't feel the slightest bit of regret from killing someone. I should really be in a state of shock, but somehow, I'm managing to hold it together.
We were in the clinic again, and I know that it'd be a bad idea to stick around the place you decided to shoot at someone, but we really needed the supplies.
"Here." Clara tossed me a green shirt.
I pulled the shirt I was wearing over my head and quickly replaced it with the green one. That was my favorite shirt! This is gonna take me weeks to clean.
Carl was still unconscious, but he seems to be fine now that Patricia and Darcy had a hold of medical supplies. Patricia was shot in her left arm and I had to pry it out with just a pair tweezers.
"Are you gonna be ok?" I asked. She nodded.
"We have to get out of here. It's only a matter of time before those guys find us here." said Darcy.
We decided to leave Carl in the bed. We smeared him with some of our blood to make him look like he died.

                                                                             ~X~

Even with guns, we couldn't possibly take those guys on. We were teenagers. The only reason I can hold a gun is cause my dad brought me to the shooting range when I was younger.
Darcy and Heather grabbed the guns from the dead men from a while ago. We contemplated on who to give the second gun to before we left. Heather or Clara.
Heather was aggressive and very spontaneous. Clara was a meek girl who was already breaking down.
If we gave Clara the gun, she'd shoot it if she even hears a pebble drop.
Our best bet was to find a ladder and escape from the second floor window on the south or find a pair of pliers and break the chains on the south door.
The janitors closet. That's the only place we'll actually find a ladder or pliers.
As we hurried along to the closet on the third floor, we stopped at the sight of a walking man.
Me, Darcy and Patricia took aim. Heather was protecting Clara.
"Who's there?!" I shouted. The Browning Hi-Powered pointed at the figure.
"Ian?" That voice. I lowered the gun. The others followed. The figure inched at us. The moonlight reflected his face.
Matt.

                                                                             ~X~

"What are you doing here?!" I said in a hushed voice. "I thought people were after you!" He nodded.
"They are. But I saw them from the window just 2 hours ago heading to your school. I followed them cause I thought you'd be in danger." He was huffing. He must've had to sneak by them.
"We have to get out of here." said Heather.
"We can't." Matt paused. "Those men, they're everywhere. We're going to have to thin it out until morning comes."
"What?! We can't do that! Who the fuck do you think we are, the Dauntless? The Avengers? The cast of Higurashi?!" Darcy stomped her foot with emphasis. The way she did when she was upset.
"We're normal teenagers! We go to school, we whine, we hang out. We don't know the LAST thing about fighting highly trained assassins!" Her points usually dont get any arguments, but Matt seems to be well aware.
"These guys... They will hunt you down. You were able to kill 2 of them. That's something. I know, you're scared-"
"I'm Terrified!" Matt pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Ok... Lets try your plan. We'll get out by the south exit, and we'll get help. But if we can't, you'll have to trust me." How did...
"How did you know what we planned? We didn't tell you that."
Heather struck her suspicion pose.
"I was listening."
"You were across the hall."
"I have really good hearing. Now no more questions. Lets go."
Heather handed him the gun and he led the group. Somewhere in me decided to trust him, but another told me that he was hiding things. Things that we didn't know. Things that made him more suspicious.

                                                                             ~X~

As we neared the janitors closet, we felt more relieved. We could leave. We could go out for chinese and forget this all happened.
Our way here was no cakewalk. We had to slip by one tough looking guy and kill 2 of those creeps.
Patricia had to throw the Sig Sauer away cause she was out of ammo.
My hands neared the knob. Now I know why people take long to take the knobs. To make things more exciting. I don't know if I'm sadistic or just stupid.
But that stupidity saved me. I was thrown to the ground as an explosion hit.
A grenade.
"Ian!" Heather shouted. We were separated. Heather, Clara and Patricia were on the other side of the rubble. Me, Darcy and Matt were still by the janitors closet. And why did stupidity save me again?
Matt pushed me out of the way as one of the men rushed out the janitors room with a hand grenade.
He was killed by his own weapon.
"Everyone-" Darcy coughed. "Alright?" There was a distinct 'Yeah' in the air.
"The ladders been cut." Matt holds out a chipped ladder. There goes that plan.
"Any pliers?" I asked. Matt shakes his head.
"Normal pliers aren't gonna cut those chains out. I know, I tried before." How did he know all these things? What is Matt's relationship with these people?! Was it his fault that we were flirting with death right now? Was his arrival key to our chaos? If we had called 911, would things have been different?
We stood up and scrambled to the other hall.
"Patricia! Take care of them!" I shouted.
"Ok! Come on Heather! Clara!" I heard their running footsteps, and I know they were no longer there.
"Alright." I dusted rocks off of my shirt. "Lets go."
"Higher ground is a better place to hide." Matt checked his guns bullets. There were 8. "What's the farthest room  on the third floor?" he asked.
"314" Darcy replied. Matt cocked the gun and led us up the stairs.
It was time to thin them out.

-Story's getting intense huh? Hope your enjoying yourselves. I'm enjoying myself as I write this too! XD See you next time on Glare.
~S and D

1 comment:

  1. LUCIFER WANTS YOU DRY

    Why does Satan want you to stay away from the the watery grave of baptism?

    1. Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

    Lucifer wants you dry so you cannot be saved.

    2. Acts 8:39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, but went on his way rejoicing.

    Beelzebub wants you dry to prevent you from rejoicing.

    3. Acts 22:16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.

    The Devil wants you dry so your sins will not be washed away.

    4. Galatians 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

    The prince of darkness wants you dry so you will not be clothed with Christ.

    5. Acts 2:41,47 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls. 47 ...And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

    Satan wants you dry because he does not want you saved and subsequently added to the Lord's church.

    6. Romans 6:4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.


    The prince of devils wants you dry to keep you from walking in a new life with Christ.

    7. Romans 6:6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

    Lucifer wants you dry so you will remain a slave to sin.

    8. Romans 6:11 Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

    Beelzebub wants you dry so you cannot be alive to God in Christ Jesus.

    9. 1 Peter 3:21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you---not the removal of dirt from the flesh , but an appeal to God for a good conscience---through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

    The prince of the devils wants you dry because he does not want you to be saved.

    10. Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

    Lucifer wants you dry because he does not want you to have your sins forgiven nor does he want you to receive indwelling gift of the Holy Spirit.

    11. Colossians 2:12-13 ..buried with Him in baptism...13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions.

    Beelzebub wants you dry because he does not want your transgressions forgiven.

    12. Titus 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have dine in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by thewashing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

    The Devil want you dry so will remain unsaved.

    13. John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

    The prince of darkness wants you dry in order to keep you from entering the kingdom of God.

    14. Ephesians 5:25-27 ...Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her , having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory , having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

    Satan wants you dry because he does not want you sanctified, cleansed, nor holy and blameless.

    15. Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

    Lucifer wants you dry because he does not want your name written in the Lamb's book of life.He want you to be thrown into the lake of fire.

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete