Friday, December 27, 2013

Red as Fire

This is a song I made for Hayley Williams since it's her birthday today. Well, technically, it's a poem since there's no tone in it and that I'm not good at singing, but regardless. It's a song I made for my hero because she's the greatest singer I've ever had the chance to listen to. Her music is spirit. So, without further ado:

Red as Fire
There came a light
Burning red as fire in my stove
Singed the hair out of my brows
And burned my spirit
As fast as the roadrunner can run

This light, she came a blazing
With friends as hot as her
Those guys came to my world
And shook every fiber in my soul

Chorus:
 Let the ignition burn her bright
Let her soul shine like Sunlight
Let the hope as red as fire burn everyone’s world
Don’t you, don’t you dare shake them down
Don’t you, don’t you dare grind them out
Cause that red flame will burn you out of sight

The light was as bright as the sun
The light was as clear as the moon
But the flames would one day waver
When a friend left gone with hate

The light, she suffered her wounds
With her friends hurting badly too
And a future darker than usual
Now, what was left for her to do

Chorus

For years she spent rebuilding that blaze
With a spark that reignited her dying flames
Her path clearing up with light she built
And a future she wanted right No-w

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment