Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Quickie 2: Mundanity

The last class of the day would be the last class we'll ever have.
I was sort of glad.
Yet sort of sad too.
*Sigh*

Ms. Tony was teaching English with tears. She didn't even bother trying to hide it. She's been our homeroom since age 4. She's practically our mom.
The guy next to me, James, has been dying to get out of school.
I, Brian Tusley, admit to hating studies as well but,,,
These guys are our family.
Just 5 seconds.
5
4
3
2
1
Everyone burst into laughter and tears. I could feel a tug on my shirt. Nikka. My girlfriend.
"Should we...Stay a while?"
The cameras were flashing and the smiles were widening. I couldn't help but feel the unreality of this situation.
Then, I'm here.
At the back of our bus, nearly sinking.
Half of us, unconscious or dead.
Half of us, trying hard to stop blood from flowing.
So much for our last day.
All hope was lost.
All hope was gone.
This is the end.
"Over here! Officer, over here!"
Then the bus towed. Nikka, still stuck to my arm as James fell off of her.
He was dead.
The guy who threw his hat away at the end of the day.
The guy who laughed so hard when classes ended.Gone
"Are you ok?" The officer asked me.
I remained silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment